Cryoneuroablation, also known as cryoanalgesia, is a specialized technique for providing long-term pain relief in interventional pain management settings. Cryoanalgesia bases on temporary disruption of neural and motor functions of some parts of the nerve system using extreme cold. Cryolesion is gaining acceptance as an innovative method in pain relief. It bases on the process of analgesia, during which ice crystals created by a cryosurgery device destroys the elements of the nerve tissue carrying pain information. Cryoablation does not damage nerve structures permanently that is why nerve tissues can regenerate slowly with no risk of post-procedural neuritis. The method is safe and minimally invasive, recommended especially when conservative means proved to be ineffecive.
Indications for cryoanalgesia:
- Acute postoperative pain from thoracotomy
- Facial pain syndromes (supra-infra orbital,occipital,mental)
- Suprascapular, Ilio-inguinal and other specific neuralgias
- Facet syndrome – cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral
- Perineal neuropathies
- Phantom Limb
- Trigger points
- Painful neuromas
- Tennis elbow syndrome and golfer’s elbow syndrome
- Painful shoulder syndrome
Advantages of cryoanalgesia:
- High efficiency: pain reduction for 6 months to 2 years
- No neuroma formation
- Immediate pain relief
- Can be repeated
- No thermal damage to surrounding tissue
- Microinvasive percutaneous procedure, bloodless, fast healing
- Simple diagnostics: fluoroscopy or USG
- Fast return to normal activities – no hospitalization
Cryprobe and cryoneedles-S
The largest selection of cryoprobes-the thinnest cryoprobes for cryoanalgesia available on the global pain management market.
We are offering both single use and multiple use, easy to sterilize (steam, plasma, gas) cryoneedles.The special construction enables precise freezing and fast defrosting. The tip of a probe inserted precutaneously is sharp or blunt. Cryoneedles that aim to stick to the nerve more closely are rounded and inserted through disposable or reusable cannulas (e.g. angiocatheters).
Cryoprobes are all covered with medical teflon.That is why the stimulation is possible only at the probe tip.
All cryprobes are visible in the ultrasound images- they are hyperechogenic.
|Gauge from 21Ga up to 14Ga. Angular, autoclavable cryoneedle. Convenient handle of the cryoneedles ensure safety of the procedures conducted with fluoroscopic or USG guidance.||Gauge from 24Ga up to 16Ga.Single use,sterile, ready to use, double pack crypneedles.|